Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why do lizards drop their tail??? WHY??!!! IT IS GROSSSS!!!!

I live in a house which is well, also a nest for lizards. Don't get the wrong idea!!! What I mean is that my house has a few lizards ( maybe 5 or 6... or 10? Not sure if this includes the garden species...OH WELL ^^ ) They don't really do any harm or bother my family members and I but once in a while, we tend to find a lizard at the kitchen sink... 

Disgusting or not is not the matter, just that, you will never know when they are in there. You just walk to the sink and *JUMP* the lizard "flies" out of the sink in shock that it has been discovered. And this is followed by the natural scenario which is *AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!* from the one that discovered it. Can't help it if it is human natural respond to shock...or is it just mine?? 

You can pretty guess where i am heading to... YES!! I can proudly say I found 1 in my kitchen sink today.... or actually my mum did...It was a baby lizard...still very very young. The skin is partially translucent making it even more...gross?? Though it didn't bother me. Problem was that lizards are not very smart reptiles... 

This baby lizard, being young, was very adventurous and decided to take a hike in my kitchen... It found a spoon in this giant metal hole that looked interesting. Being stubborn, it did not listen to it's mother's advice to avoid the giant metal hole. And it DOVE IN!! WHEEEEE~~ After investigating the spoon for a little while.. it decided, " it is nothing special..should just go somewhere else......................................................."...... Problem was... "HOW TO GET OUTTTTT?????!!!!!" shouted the poor little lizard...

YES... It was not big nor strong enough to jump OUT of the metal hole *aka the sink*... it tried and tried but failed.... I took a stick and tried chasing it out but it failed.... The lizard was in such stress that he ( or she) tried to scare me off by... DROPPING IT"S WRIGGLY TAIL!!!!!


So why do their drop their tail?
1. To scare their predator. 
* IT SCARED THE HELL OUT OF MEEEE!!! *
2. To keep their predator occupied while it runs off.
* Yes I was occupied being disgusted by it but again... there was no where for it to run.. so what is the point...*



Animals are such strange creatures... guess that is how they survive out there in the wild.. imagine dropping a hand or something to escape thieves or bad people...ewwwwwww...
In the end, my brave dad got it out of the sink and that ends the story of " the little lizard and it's adventure in the giant metal hole"...

The End
:+:M3i:+:

No comments:

Post a Comment